Let me first say, I am so sorry you have found yourself in need of these types of resources. I am also a survivor, and those first few weeks of realization are the most painful and breathtaking. I believe in you. You can do this; each day you will get closer to freedom. Slow down your breathing and know that you are brave.
- If anyone has been injured, call 911. To report an incident that is not currently happening, call Colorado Springs non-emergency number at 444-7000.
- TESSA (All information is kept confidential unless child abuse or suicidal plans are disclosed)
- Advocates available during normal business hours at 435 Gold Pass Heights Colorado Springs 80906. I highly recommend you start here; take a friend for support.
- Counseling services
- Group therapy for survivors and children
- Legal counsel and assistance obtaining a Protection Order, if desired.
- Dial #211 for an exhaustive list of resources for all types of emergent needs: housing, food, rent assistance and others.
- As soon as possible, develop a safety plan. This is an excellent template:
These counselors truly get it. They understand about destructive relationships and offer hope
- Joni Zepp (719)338-2251
Joni is a well-experienced counselor with years of experience in abuse and addiction recovery. She also has experience as a nurse. Her style is direct and compassionate; I have yet to find another counselor who is as Spirit-directed and consistently effective.
- Lori Dravecky (719)650-1096 at The Healing Ascent at 720 Elkton Dr COS, CO 80907
- Heidi Fuchs (719)632-4569 at Kids Crossing at 1440 E Fountain Blvd. COS, CO 80910
- Emotionally Destructive Marriage by Leslie Vernick. Leslie also has LOTS of free resources on her website and Facebook. https://www.leslievernick.com/free-resources/
- Why Does He Do That? by Lundy Bancroft
- The Verbally Abusive Relationship by Patricia Evans
- Boundaries in Marriage by Cloud and Townsend
- Getting Them Sober by Toby Rice-Drews
- TESSA– They offer free groups and counseling covered by Medicaid. The best way to find the times and such is to visit in person.
- Heart to Heart Counseling at 720 Elkton Dr. Ste 100 COS, CO 80907. This ministry offers free support groups for those recovering from abuse and from marriages with sex addiction. More info.
I am rooting for you and want to support you. God’s daughters are too important to be trampled. Please feel free to reach out to me by email or on Facebook.